Points of Pride
We Are Proud to be Eagles!
• Creates a climate of equity and acceptance that respects, values, and responds to the diversity of all our members
• Rewards students for academic and positive behavior
• Provides incentives to improve attendance and strive for excellence in attendance by staff and students
• Helps develop students who are accepted in magnet high schools throughout the city of Philadelphia
• Recognizes students who place honors for outstanding achievements
• Improves student morale by providing a safe climate
• Conducts on-going building based professional development utilizing the best practices and expertise of teachers
• Integrates technology in all classrooms
• Uses data to drive instruction and plan for school improvement
• Teachers work collaboratively to develop strategies, intervention and share best practices
• Maintains clean school buildings.
• Cafeteria staff provides breakfast and lunch, and all students are fed timely.
• The school nurse services the entire student population and also provides information regarding health issues and medical procedures to all staff.
• Our counselor invites several representatives from various organizations to participate in our annual Career Day.
• Finletter has a safety patrol program that involves students from grades three through eight. These students serve as school ambassadors.
• Our physical education teacher coordinates several physical education activities to support organizations such as the National Heart Association.
• Finletter has a positive reward system where students are rewarded for exhibiting any one of the five fundamentals of the positive behavior program.